Well, we officially have flooring done in one of the bedrooms! Our flooring came in on Wednesday as expected and Max was able to get it all done by Friday night!
When I last left off here, we had all the carpet and underlayment up and the bare subfloor was ready for something new.
Max started by laying the underlayment perpendicular to the way we wanted to lay the floors.
We got this great underlayment that has tape on one side so it is fairly easy.
He tried to pull and cut it to make it as flat as possible.
He tried to tape them as straight as possible.
It took almost three strips for this room. The last one had to be cut and he used the scraps for in the closet.
The underlayment is essentially floating. Then he laid his first row of flooring. He wanted to do things really well so he cut off the connecting edge of the first boards so they would lay flush against the wall.
He just snapped each row into place and then cut the last board to fit. The leftover piece from the cut would start the next row.
I went all around the room and gave it a quick sand and then painted over it to make sure it was low enough that the trim would cover.
And Max finished up the closet boards, cutting to fit around the doorframe. Then we used the air compressor to nail the trim back in place.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Linked up via Thrifty Décor Chick.