A couple weeks ago I posted about how I scraped the master bedroom popcorn ceiling, and mudded it, and then Max helped me to sand it (pretty much) flat. Shortly after that, we wiped away all the dust and painted the ceiling white.
Max rolled while I cut in around the perimeter of the room.
And then we waited for what seemed like forever for our flooring to come in. Finally we got it and over the last week Max has been working on installing it.
He vacuumed and then put down the underlay.
Because we kept the furniture in here, he worked in strips the width of the underlay.
As he got the flooring down he was able to move the furniture over on to it.
Our bedroom was a mess for about a week.
And then he had to empty the floor of my closet to make his way in there.
He finished up the side of the room by the door, and then went into the closet, where he realized he was going to run out of flooring.
He made it about halfway into the closet. We have about 15 square feet left so we will have to get some more flooring which is disappointing.
I can only blame bad math.
(And I didn’t do the math just so you know).
I still have to touch up the baseboard and top of the wall where it meets the ceiling. I’m thinking if the paint doesn’t match very well (since it’s a new can) we may have to do a coat all over.
Also exciting is that Max left a bit of a gap for when we do tile in the bathroom.
I will do one more update to show the finished floors with paint and baseboards. Until then – were waiting on flooring.
Let me know if you have any questions.